- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

14 December 2011

Here come the clowns... Part One


I've been much inspired by these wonderful vintage patterns 
in the clown costumes that I'm making for Ari's little classmates. 




When I worked as a costume maker I would find inspiration in
all sorts of places from toy clothes to graffiti art to old children's
book illustrations and porcelain figurines... it was all useful.

It's incredible what comes up when you ask Mr Google sometimes.




We decided that since the kids are bringing their own outfits,
and each one will be a little different, to make the accessories
and faces different too.  So there will be some double ruffles, 



some single ruffles with bows like those pictured above,


and some little clowns with tails and bowties. Plus an array 
of hats, though I am partial to the pointy pom pom variety.


Actually, I do quite fancy making a hat for myself... 
to wear to parties and the like. Maybe a ruff too, though 
I don't fancy you'd catch me dead in a clown suit!


I'll load some pics of my work in progress if I have time. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment